Calling all talented TAX ACCOUNTANTS who want MORE.
We’re looking for the best and brightest tax expert to join us. And not just as a salaried tax accountant/tax manager, but also with production bonuses as well.
We offer an extremely flexible work environment – both in terms of schedule and work-from-home opportunities. With that, the person taking this job will need to be a self-starter and able to manage themselves. We are generally here as resources for when employees need assistance, but otherwise people generally go about their day-to-day autonomously. Anyone needing or wanting extensive oversight would not do well here. But for the right person/people who do not generally enjoy having a “boss” looking over their shoulders all the time, this position is a dream.
Day to Day Tasks/Responsibilities
- Tax return preparation
- Complex tax analysis and planning
- Ability to do financial and business planning and integrate these considerations into a cohesive tax strategy for clients
- Meeting with clients to discuss their tax planning
- Overseeing bookkeepers, doing final review of financials, and presenting information clients
- Drafting IRS letters and being the point of contact for governmental agencies
- An accounting degree would be strongly preferred – preferably a bachelor’s degree or higher
- CPA or EA strongly preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience as a tax accountant, tax manager, or equivalent position
- Meticulous attention to detail. This is not a profession where mistakes can be made
- Self-starter. The applicant for this position will be the supervisor, so the need for hands-on manager would be a deal breaker
- Strong interpersonal skills. As accountants/technicians this is seldom our strong suit. However, this is a client facing position. We need someone who can be point of contact for clients
- An expense account will be provided for reimbursable expenses
About Our Company
Fraim, Cawley & Company, Certified Public Accountants PLLC is an award-winning Roanoke, VA CPA firm established in 2013. We focus primarily on complex issues for small businesses – finding solutions that are best for their business overall, not simply from a tax perspective.
Think you’re a fit? Just give your name, email, and a short description of your past work history below! Also, include any information you think we should know in considering you for this position. We will reach out to you shortly if we’d like to request an interview.
NOTE: all information submitted is completely confidential. Your name will not be shared and we will not be contacting your current employer.