We offer an extremely flexible work environment – both in terms of schedule and work-from-home opportunities. With that, the person taking this job will need to be a self-starter and able to manage themselves. We are generally here as resources for when employees need assistance, but otherwise people generally go about their day-to-day autonomously. Anyone needing or wanting extensive oversight would not do well here. But for the right person/people who do not generally enjoy having a “boss” looking over their shoulders all the time, this position is a dream.
Responsibilities for Bookkeeper/Tax Preparer
- Data entry of client financials into QuickBooks on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of bank statements and credit card statements on a monthly basis
- Preparing simple tax returns from beginning to end
- Initial data entry and partial preparation of more complex tax returns
- Filing tax extensions and preparing 1099 forms
- Communicating with clients to retrieve necessary documents and for clarification on question transactions
- Carefully reviewing prepared financial statements for any errors, oddities, or variances
- Finalizing financial statements and sending reports to clients on a monthly basis
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Reviewing books prepared by external bookkeepers the firm may utilize
Qualifications for Bookkeeper/Tax Preparer
- Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting preferred but not required
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting, bookkeeping, and tax preparation
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP and US tax code
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficient skills in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet timely obligations
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Retirement plan with employer match
- An expense account will be provided for reimbursable expenses
About Our Company
Fraim, Cawley & Company, Certified Public Accountants PLLC is an award-winning Roanoke, VA CPA firm established in 2013. We focus primarily on complex issues for small businesses – finding solutions that are best for their business overall, not simply from a tax perspective.
Think you’re a fit? Just give your name, email, and a short description of your past work history below! Also, include any information you think we should know in considering you for this position. We will reach out to you shortly if we’d like to request an interview.
NOTE: all information submitted is completely confidential. Your name will not be shared and we will not be contacting your current employer.